End of Season Note From The B-ManIt's been another great year of NFL picks and as the 25th season of the The NFL Picks Page winds down I wanted to get a quick note out to everyone to answer a few frequently asked questions and also say thanks.
- The site will continue to run through the playoffs including the Super Bowl. That means there will still be 11 total games remaining after the regular season ends. Don't stop making picks!
- Your playoff picks will be counted in your overall season record and ranking.
- Separate Playoff-only rankings will be available on your Pool pages after the Divisional Round. So if you'd like to treat the entire playoffs as an 18th "week" for prizes in your pools, you can easily do so.
- The season-long tiebreaker is best single week, weeks 1-17 (regular season), based on winning percentage. This has never been needed for the overall site but can be used at the poolmaster's discretion for your private pools. Check with your poolmaster on the policy for your pool. The site calculates the Best Week tie-breaker using each player's best 5 weeks during the regular season (if players are still tied after that, what can I say, they tied). Players will be ranked according to this tie-breaker in all of the overall season standings (for the site and your pools). In the rankings table (after Week 17 results are final), if you roll your mouse over the player's name, you should see a pop-up note with their actual Season Tie-Breaker Rank. If you have any doubts about the ranking for players in your pool, send me a note.
- The Playoff-only Rankings will be sorted for ties based on your overall season ranking.
- The Super Bowl tie-breaker is Total Yards Combined by Both Teams (as opposed to Total Points). The change is necessary for the Super Bowl since so many people will be tied at 1-0 for the week. This tie-breaker is only used to sort the Super Bowl week rankings.
- I am always looking for feedback and suggestions on how to make the site bigger and better. Before you sign off for this season, please take the Survey and include comments on what you'd like to see next season.
- If you have any questions about the playoffs or the site, use the Feedback form and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
- Now you can make a donation to support the site! I am just one guy and I have developed, maintained and paid for the hosting of the site all by myself for over 2 decades. I have never charged a fee to play on the site or to host your pools -- no matter how many or how big. There's no other pool hosting site you'll find that can say that. Please drop a donation in my Venmo account if you've enjoyed playing on the site this season or many seasons -- Venmo: @thebman
Feedback & Support